Indoor Olive Tree - Conditions

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by nron007, May 18, 2014.

1. nron007

nron007 New Member

I just bought an olive tree and I want to make sure I give it the best possible conditions to help it thrive.

Right now, I have it sitting by a window, which gets light all day, but only a few hours of direct sunlight. Once the temps in Alberta get to a point where they do not drop below +10, I will move it outside for the summer.

I have it sitting in a pebble dish, to help with humidity. It has already started forming a lot of olives, but the flowers are all turning brown...is this normal? The olives are getting bigger by the day, so it can't be hurting too much.

I water once or twice a week, letting the soil dry out almost completely between waterings...could this be why the flowers are dying?

I don't know how old the tree is, can anybody tell from the pics?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. nron007

nron007 New Member

I just bought an olive tree and I want to make sure I give it the best possible conditions to help it thrive.

Right now, I have it sitting by a window, which gets light all day, but only a few hours of direct sunlight. Once the temps in Alberta get to a point where they do not drop below +10, I will move it outside for the summer.

I have it sitting in a pebble dish, to help with humidity. It has already started forming a lot of olives, but the flowers are all turning brown...is this normal? The olives are getting bigger by the day, so it can't be hurting too much.

I water once or twice a week, letting the soil dry out almost completely between waterings...could this be why the flowers are dying?

I don't know how old the tree is, can anybody tell from the pics?

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files: