Indoor grape vine care

Discussion in 'Grapes and Grape Vines' started by Granrey, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Granrey

Granrey Active Member

Re: Is indoor grape vine very hard?

Hi everybody,
    I'm new on this forum and I'd like to get some advice for some indoor grapes that I have.

I bought two plants one is St. Croix the other my wife bought it and we don't know the species. However, this undetermined species had flowers and now they are growing into grapes.

I planted both plants in the biggest pot that I could find but , next to a indor trellis. Unfortunately they are facing north and not much light is getting to them.

Still do, they are growing with the litle light they get in the mourning and at least I might have fruit from the undetermine species this year.

How often should I supply water and fertilizer under these condicions?

Can use the same criteria of watering until I see water coming out of the bottom of the pot?

would light bulbs do the trick for the light?

2. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Grapes need heat and light to ripen fruit, lots of both. I can't imagine that you can give it enough artificial light to ripen, but you should be able to grow a handsome if somewhat large house plant. Yes, water till it runs out into a surrounding tray, then after about 15 minutes remove the standing water from the tray. Use a balanced soluble fertilizer (most of the blue crystals work fine) either as directed once a month or diluted to about 1/4 strength with each watering. Water when it is nearly dry, either by judging the weight or when it just begins to wilt.

Ralph

3. Granrey

Granrey Active Member

Thank you very much.

I'll post every now and then how my plant is doing. By the way the plant has only 4 bunches of grapes.

thanks.

4. Granrey

Granrey Active Member

I just want to update about my indoor grapes, they are still growing fine (at least that's what I think). The only difference that I have seen is that some leafs have dry edges. Could this be an illness, overwatering, or just normal?

I want to insert pics but I don't know how to do it on this website

5. Granrey

Granrey Active Member

Some pics of my indoor grapes:

[/attach]

Attached Files:

6. Granrey

Granrey Active Member

Well, I will update about my indoor grapes.

My grapes gave me couple bunches of grapes last year (indoor) but this year they gave me zero.

I finally got my final grade certificate (that's why I have to keep them indoor) but I'm wondering If should keep them again indoor for the season or if I should plant them outside now?

I will cover them with woodships when the cold comes.

Please, advice.

Thanks,