Identification, weed or flower?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Meltdown, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Meltdown

Meltdown New Member

Is this a weed or a flower? Sorry that it is only a drawing but I don't have a photo of it yet. The is plant dark greenish and kind of jurassic in appearance. At the ends of the 'branches' are lots of seeds which fall off regularly cause this species to germinate abundently. Currently it is flowering with a bundle of hanging pink bell like flowers but only from the top of the plant. Any help identifying this plant would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mkplant

mkplant Active Member 10 Years

You sketch looks like a plant I have in my greenhouse and have had for ages because it drops plantlets from the ends of its leaves. I had to look up its name which is Bryophyllum delagoense and it appears to be weed where you live. There are pictures of it available on various websites that you can check to see if it is your plant. I haven't figured out how to send a link yet.

3. Thankyou you are absolutely correct!

Thankyou mplant, this is exactly the plant/weed which I have. I am interested to read that is classified as both a weed and a plant depending on the geographic location.

Thanks and regards,

Meltdown