Identification: ID Help Please Fungus n°6

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Ben Caledonia, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Ben Caledonia

Ben Caledonia New Member

Hello,
    Can you help me identify this species?
    Found in humid forest in New Caledonia.
    Thanks

Champi 06-1.JPG Champi 06-2.JPG Champi 06-3.JPG

allelopath likes this.
  2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi @Ben Caledonia
    A coprinoid, perhaps genus Parasola. You have P. plicatilis in your region, but there may be similar species.

Ben Caledonia likes this.
  3. Ben Caledonia

Ben Caledonia New Member

Thank you very much @Frog , you are right it is indeed a Parasola!

I looked in more detail, in my opinion it is not P. Plicatilis, because the latter has more yellow / brown tints in the center of the hat.
    On the other hand on "Endemia", I found the reference of Parasola sp 'griseofloccosus' which seems to me to correspond very well, a species which is not yet officially named.

On the link as well as below, appears the description of the Australian Patrick Leonard. ("grey floccose stipe")
    Endemia.nc

Cap: convex becoming planoconvex; 10-20 mm diameter; radially sulcate striate, with velar remnants; surface gray, velar remains white; margin plicate.

Stipe: cylindrical, hollow; 50 - 100 × 2–4.5 mm; floccose; gray with white floccules.

Gills: adnexed; white at first, brownish then black at maturity.

Spore print: blue black.

Notes: this Parasola is characterized by its radially sulcate gray cap with scattered white veil remnants and gray floccose stipe. It may be in Coprinus, further work needed.
    Patrick Leonard 2019

Frog and wcutler like this.