I need money!

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Paulina, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Paulina

Paulina Active Member

Upper Fraser Valley, Beautiful British Columbia!
    So... I just had dental surgery (no coverage because I'm self employed), property taxes are paid, car insurance is paid, car is paid off, house is being paid... etc... just like the rest of the world, we all need more money because everybody wants it!!

So today, I went on a mission to find as many empty plant containers as I possibly could and came up with about 150 of them, it's a good start.. my plan is to split and pot as many of my perennials from my garden as I can and sell them in the spring.

My question to my wonderful UBC friends is...
    Which plants would you sell, and which plants are in high demand? (I have a huge selection of plants in my garden, you name it, I probably have it...)

Also, is there a place online where I can find who's looking for rooted cuttings and perennial plants?? Thanks everyone again!! You are my favorite garden group!

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

consider ebay and craigs list.

3. C8luvs2gardn

C8luvs2gardn Active Member

Hi Paulina,

I think it's a great idea. There's a lady here in Ottawa who puts a modest little sign up 'plants for sale'. She has a small house on a small corner lot and it is full of the most beautiful plants. She can grow many things that are not supposed to be hardy to this zone, including wisteria and some varieties of clematis. She has got quite a good 'word-of-mouth reputation mainly because she knows her stuff and her plants are all very healthy. They are fairly inexpensive, $5 range mostly. She mainly just digs the babies, and perhaps starts some from seed.

I've also seen people selling plants and nothing else at yard sales. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

4. cbale224

cbale224 Active Member

I would recommend Craigs List. They have a site which is local for Ottawa. Craigs List is free and easy to use. It would be helpful if you can include pictures and describe what works best for you in terms of how you want to sell your plants.