HOW TO STOP Aphyds on my Dalias and Clematis and Passion Fruit

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by vicarious1, Jul 20, 2008.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    I have Aphyds on my Dalias and Clematis and Passion Fruit always on the top near the the blossoms I sprinkled soapy water but to the only effect it killed all the blooms that were growing below and 3 days later the aphyds farmed by ants are back
    Now I put a ANT TRAP but as it is very dry and I need to water the plants they seem to be back in a jiffy for the water every night . I bought 14$ bags ( a 2nd time round ) of Lady bugs but they established them selves somwhere else more pretty maybe with a day. Whats the secret to get rid of them ?
    Thanks for any advise

Attached Files:

2. JustPeg

JustPeg Member

Hey Vicarious1,
    I had a terrible time with aphids on my Mock Orange shrub, but daily treatment with Safers pesticidal Soap for 3 or 4 days steady got rid of them. This year, I was at the ready with my spray bottle of the soap, and one treatment was all I needed. They haven't been back since. To Tell you the truth I think they like the younger parts of the plant best. As my shrub is older and tougher now, they don't bother it anymore.
    Good luck.