British Columbia: How to buy Illustrated Flora of BC..

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Native Plants' started by Eyerah, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Eyerah

Eyerah Active Member

Does anyone have an extra set of the Illustrated Flora of British Columbia? I think that I would like to buy the set, but I don't think that I can afford the price of a new set at the moment.

I am keeping my eyes on ABE books, but any suggestions of other potential outlets would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

chimera likes this.
  3. Eyerah

Eyerah Active Member

Thanks Daniel. There is just no substitute for flipping through a book. I generally find large PDF's to be somewhat cumbersome, but I am going to give this a a try.

Do you have any thoughts on the new Flora of the Pacific Northwest that is in the works?

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

They are cumbersome, but I also find the binding on a book breaking as soon as you crack it open to be annoying. There isn't an ideal solution.

The Washington effort re: Flora of the PNW will be applicable for us to about the latitude of Prince George, so it will be worthwhile for southern BC I'm sure. There are also efforts in BC to produce a field manual and a new flora, but both efforts don't have organizations behind them.