Honey Dijon Rose

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by sweetpea66, Jul 6, 2008.

1. sweetpea66

sweetpea66 Member

This is rose was introduced in 2005 and I can't find it in the local nurseries. Is there any way of purchasing this rose in Canada. How do I go about researching this? I did an internet search on the name and the only suppliers were in the U.S. I don't think any of them would ship it to Canada.

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Try searching for Canadian rose nurseries first; then once you find one in your area send them an email inquiring about Rose "Honey Dijon." I know we grow it here, but Ecaudor is even less useful than the states when it comes to exporting plants.

3. sweetpea66

sweetpea66 Member

Thank you. I will try that.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Don't know about this one but like other plant introductions generated by large businesses modern roses tend to be sold using trademarks and registered trademarks. Each specific introduction has a separate cultivar name, that is different from the selling name. On top of that with roses in particular some may have multiple names in some markets. So, you will want to find out what all the names being used on this continent for the one you want may be - in case you have missed it by looking for the one name only.