Historical Documents

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by greenboy, Oct 6, 2009.

1. greenboy

greenboy Active Member

I know you guys have Hundred of people working for you, and some of them are specialized in specific plants and even in specific environmental issues, ( theme like ecology, Home environment, gardening,the list is long like apatosaurus's tail, i wonder why you guys don't "invite" your own staff to talk about any gardening theme any plant, any mushroom, tape them and then you guys post the Video in this site. That will be a tremendous Educational tool for all of us. and a tremendous Educational Tool, your wed site will grow like never before and the UBC is going to be Internationally Noticed. GB

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

I think you will find that this is already the case!!!

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

That would be nice, but no where near a hundred people work here.
    http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/people/staff.php

Daniel has considered the idea of educational videos that could be posted on the website though and it is possible.

I generally find that when I am looking for info on the internet, I won't take time to watch a video. I can't usually spend that much time to answer my questions. High quality videos would be nice, but a lot of work and money goes into a project like that.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

And whenever you run such a file on your computer you should have scanned it for mal-ware first. Will your security software catch everything that might be on it?

5. greenboy

greenboy Active Member

I think you guys should look into that if my adolescent son, can do it, you guys can do that too... you just have to get one of those tekkie-geeks probably younger than 17 they will teach you the way. I know I am deeply grateful to places, like TED talks all those videos (no longer than 18 minutes increased my personal culture a 100%, I bet you If you start posting videos here, the traffic in this web site will increase at least 90% people today don't want to read two pages posted thread, but they will watch a video no longer than 15 minutes grantee, Why Youtube is such a great success? what really bother me is the hundred of sharp minds in your business and their knowledge we are going to loose it a lot of them don't have time to post, or write a book, but they may have time (15 minutes) in their busy day to talk about a plant, or how to plant something etc. Think about it my 17 year old son can do it. Do you want to contract him?

6. greenboy

greenboy Active Member