Hibiscus dead

Discussion in 'Hibiscus' started by hibiscusdead, Aug 25, 2007.

1. hibiscusdead

hibiscusdead Member

Hi, I think my Hibiscus is dead, the leaves have all drooped and dried up, can it still be revived? How do I care for it if it does revive. I don't understand what kind of indoor hibiscus it is? It was bought at Sobey's...I need help, it was once a beautiful flowering plant, then slowly the flowers fell off and then it went downhill from there. I have been since reading about their care, water 2x a week, and lots of sun right? what else!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  2. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Re: Hibiscus is dying

There are some good discussion thraeds on Hibiscus on this board. I'd suggest you do a search at the top of the page and see if you can find some good suggestions.

One of the best things you can do is check the American Hibiscus Society website:
    http://www.americanhibiscus.org/index.htm

If you're growing this plant in doors you should be aware Hibiscus species need direct sunlight, lots of water, and plenty of food. They are heavy feeders. Unfortunately, a lot of people consider this a "house plant". It really needs the outdoors and lots of light. Attempting to grow on in the house often results in problems similar to your problem. But they are tough plants, move it outdoors, water it freqeuntly, and give it a good fertilizer. Check the AHS site and you'll find lots of good advice.

3. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Re: Hibiscus is dying

I would think if the roots are still ok and there isn't an insect problem such as spidermites, your plant might have a chance if pruned back a little.

Here's a site about indoor care of hibiscus that may help you out some.

http://hibiscus-sinensis.com/hibiscus/care.html

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(no message - merged threads)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007