Hi To All!

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by MonkshoodManiac, Sep 17, 2005.

1. MonkshoodManiac

MonkshoodManiac Member

This is a great site and a great setup so I am very happy to join the forum. I am a horticulturist and a writer with a deep interest in perennials. I am the co-author of the Timber Press title, "Heucheras and Heucherellas" (along with Dan Heims).

My current interest is with Monkshoods and I am amassing much info for something I am calling the Aconitum Breeding and Development Project (ABDP). I am hoping to get UBC involved but it is not certain at this point.

At any rate, I do have people on board from the RFE (Russian Far East), Kunming BG and the Lyon BG in France. Seeds and rhizomes are expected soon from Vladivostok, Magadan and Sakhalin in the RFE and Yunnan and Sichuan in SW China.
    I am hopeful that we can take Aconitum to a new level.

I am currently preparing an article on Aconitum climbers for a British publication.

I might start a Monkshood thread here if there is enough interest. We'll see.

If anyone would like to share their monkshood stories with me/us, I/we would be delighted.

Cheers,

Grahame

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

This conversation has been moved to the Plant Names and Taxonomy forum. Please see Aconitum.