Hi from DownUnder

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by kate_otto, Oct 6, 2004.

1. kate_otto

kate_otto Member

Hello to all, from DownUnder

I too was very excited to find this webpage forum, as it looks to be very useful and broad, many nationalities, and many knowledgeable poeple to interact with.

I am interested in finding a Murraya koenigii - Curry Leaf Tree, but already have one source approx. 12 hours drive from me.

I am looking forward mostly to increasing my general knowledge of gardening and plants, and having my occasional questions answered too.
    We are just coming into spring now, and although rain is very rare where I am, I am looking forward to a wonderful summer of growth in my garden, where my fiance and I have already found our love in propogating cordylines, crotons and draceanas.

Kate
    Biloela, Central Queensland, Australia.

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Welcome to the forums Kate. While you are heading into spring, I look out the window here in Vancouver and see that many of the leaves have already turned colour. It is wonderful that the forums share the perspectives of gardeners from all parts of the world.

Good luck with your garden. I had a Murraya koenigii once. Wonderful plant. When I visited Australia (South Australia and Queensland) I was most impressed with the Murraya paniculata, which filled the air with its wonderful fragrance.

3. Thean

Thean Active Member 10 Years

Howdy Kate,
    I'm new to this site. While browsing, I found your posting. I have a murraya koenigii in my living room. Wonderful for curry fish. Murraya propagates readily and easily. Seeds must not dry out. Use fresh seeds. Just be patient as they take a while to germinate. Since it belongs to the same family as the oranges, the seeds are often polyembryonic and you may get more than one plant per seed. I have not done stem cuttings but air layering was very successful for me. Root cuttings work too.
    Peace
    Thean