Help!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Rainy Lake Woman, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Rainy Lake Woman

Rainy Lake Woman New Member

I have a beautiful, potted ponytail palm that is about a foot tall. I did a really dumb thing and set my plant outside to get some spring sun. It was about 60 degrees. Unfortunately I forgot about little beauty until I went to bed. I immediately ran outside and brought it in but by that time the temp had dropped to 40 degrees. I am just kicking myself! Any chance it will survive??? Thank you in advance.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Should be fine, does it have some leaf damage?

3. Rainy Lake Woman

Hi Daniel,

So far I don't see any damage. I was worried there could be a delay in any damage showing up though, so I've been afraid to get my hopes up yet! My 91 year old dad bought it for me about 3-4 years ago and I love it. So I'm hoping you are correct that it should be fine! Thank you for your reply ☺

4. Rainy Lake Woman

Here she is...

Attached Files:

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Looking fine to me, so far -- and supposedly these can handle a few degrees of frost, so it should be good.

6. Rainy Lake Woman

Thank you again!

Have a great day!