Help

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by Mambobds88, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Mambobds88

Mambobds88 Member

I bought a hibiscus-rosa in april it was only a bud not a tree yet. Its been doing great so far, its alittle over four feet, but now some of the leaves on one of the buds are getting dry and crumbly at the tips. Should i be worried about that and how long do you think it will take for the bud to turn into a tree. Thanks alot -Rachel

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Maybe a mite infestation, look closely for specks and fine webbing, stippling of nearby leaves. Tropical hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) likes warm, humid and bright conditions and can be a bothersome house plant if greenhouse-like conditions cannot be provided.

3. Rima

Rima Active Member

Hi, how much water does it get how often? You asked how long it will take to turn into a tree, but for that to happen it's important that it be potted and pruned correctly. What you're asking about is how to bonsai it really, and it doesn't just happen by waiting but needs special care, not difficult, but different from what you'd do with a house plant. Can you provide any pictures of it - from a couple of sides, against a blank background that won't distract? Or PM me if you'd like...