Help, yellow leaves on Peace Lily. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by Presley Cole DePaola, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Presley Cole DePaola

Presley Cole DePaola New Member

Photos below. Hello gardeners! Thank you so much for your help! I just bought my first plant... a Peace Lily! However, some of the leaves have been turning yellow over the past few days and I am worried it is not getting the right care. I attached some photos below showing how it currently looks.
    I have it sitting on a South facing window in my kitchen where it gets indirect sunlight. I have watered it twice in the 3 weeks ive had it with water left out overnight to get rid of any chlorine. I couldn't tell if the soil was damp or not but I let the peace lily drain from the bottom both times.
    Any and all advise will help! I want to give this baby the best care possible!
    Thank you so very much!!

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Good morning and welcome to the forums. Regarding your peace lily, you are doing everything right IMO. I do like mine to dry out in-between waterings and I give mine a feed with indoor plant food every two weeks. In the UK it is called Baby Bio. If you look it up online you can then look for the equivalent where you live.
    The lower small yellow leaves can be cut off, the older leaves will do this but new ones will grow.

3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society