Propagation: Help with Plumeria

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by juniejane, Jun 15, 2009.

1. juniejane

juniejane Member

I have two plumeria starts that I ordered online and received last Feb. (4 months ago)
    They both rooted, as far as I could tell, because they were both getting leaves on top. One is doing very well, the other one isn't growing as quickly. I noticed a few days ago that the stem just above the soil level has shriviled and the start doesn't feel as tight in the soil. I treated it exactly the same as the other one, so I don't know what happened. What I'm wondering is, can I just cut it off above the shriveled point and let it dry a few days and try to reroot it? If I do that, what will happen to the little leaves that are already on it??? I really want these trees to grow! They will have to be in pots because I'm in northern Utah (Salt Lake City) and it's not very tropical here during the winter...

Attached Files:

2. LeftCoastAngler

LeftCoastAngler Active Member

yep. bend it off, and repot it. no problem.

~LCA.

3. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

oh, definitely top it off and plant the piece!!! the leaves should be okay - you may lose them, though, since they are on the small side. maybe not...you just don't won't know until you cut and replant.

4. Stuartp

Stuartp Member

I would definately remove the top,let it dry off and then try to root it. I always treat the part to be rooted with Clonex and this does help to speed up the rooting progress.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010