Propagation: Help with Eucalyptus Seedlings

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by aerogardener128, Mar 16, 2014.

1. aerogardener128

aerogardener128 New Member

Hello,

I'm pretty new to growing things other than your run of the mill kitchen herbs but i decided to branch out (pardon the pun). I had a question about some eucalyptus camaldulensis seedlings. These are about a month old, and have just started to get these strange bump/spots on them. The leaves are twisting and purple underneath on the oldest of the seedlings, but the younger sprouts still seem unaffected. They are being grown in a 50/50 coco-perilite mix and being dosed biweekly with 60mL of ph 5.7 400ppm 3-2-4 with micros & potassium silicate included. Initially i started growing them in 'bog conditions' where i kept the soil fairly moist but then started to space waterings out to biweekly when one of them had damp off occur. Does anyone know whats going on with these lil' guys?

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Ditto Oedema, Ive grown Euc's and found them very prone to that condition especially under greenhouse conditions.

4. aerogardener128

aerogardener128 New Member

Thanks for the help! It sounds like that may be whats going on. In your experience were they able to recover just by correcting conditions? Should I leave the bumped leaves on while it continues to grow or would it help to trim back the affected leaves?

5. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

New growth will be normal, only old growth will show symptoms.