Help Slugs Sre Eatting My Red Pepper Plant

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by DEBORAH TARDI, May 19, 2006.

1. DEBORAH TARDI

DEBORAH TARDI Member

SLUGS ARE DESTROYING MY PEPPER PLANTS. hOW CAN i GET RID OF THEM?

2. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Read through the No Slugs thread in this forum (type that title into the Search box). Sluggo should be easy to find if slugs are common in your climate. It is perfectly safe in your vegetable garden. Some people say that the cats and birds like to eat it, so put some under a tin, tub, or such. I no longer have a problem with slugs bothering their favorite plants around here.

3. kathyjlng

kathyjlng Member

Also, Home Depot has something for slugs, too. They were devouring my strawberries until I sprinkled these little pellets around. Now I am having something eating my monarda leaves. I don't think it's slugs.

4. ejnxyz

ejnxyz New Member

Most slugs are attacted to beer - and will drink it until it kills them. Copper plumbing tape they will not cross as a barrier. I'd put the metal copper tape around your plants forming a physical barrier, and put a dish of beer inside the tape to get any stragglers.

5. bigglia

bigglia New Member

When a strong manifestation of slugs on a plantation, first isolate the plant and then treat them with lavecida appropriate for this type of pest, general oils copper base and enxonfre show good results when diluted in water.