Help my lemon tree!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by leszek, Dec 17, 2004.

1. leszek

leszek Member

My lemon has been doing really well untill the past few weeks. I have three lemons and they are starting to go yellow, however the leaves are changing colour( thread like/vein) and dropping off. can any body help?

2. re: Help my lemon tree

I just read that leamons in containers are prone to deficiencies in iron, maganese and zinc. Signs of deficiency are the leaves turning color but I beleive the veins remain green (not sure). The advice was to feed then annually in chelated form, preferably in the early spring as leaves emerge.

3. Gardening Neophyte

Gardening Neophyte Member

I just read that lemons grown in containers are prone to iron, maganese and zinc deficiencies. When deficient the leaves turn colors and the veins become prominent, (I can't remember if it said the leaves turn yellow and the veins remain green or some other color combination, but the veins do become more prominent.) Lemons apparently should be fed yearly in chelated form, prefereably in the early spring as new leaves emerge.

4. Wes North Van

Wes North Van Active Member 10 Years

Lemons

I have been growing lemons outside for three years now and I have experienced what you are going through. Is yours outside or indoors? If outdoors wait until spring and start fertilizing with Miracid every two weeks. Make sure you also spray both sides of the leaves with the Miracid. I continue this until mid September. Mine recovers nicely every year.
    If indoors, lemons do not like the dry heat of the house. Start spraying the leaves with Miracid now and make sure it is well watered but not soggy.
    By the way my tree is a meyer lemon.