Help me to identify this flower please

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by batjil, Jan 9, 2020.

1. batjil

batjil New Member

I am from Mongolia, i found these flowers while trekking in the local mountains at 1300m above sea last June. My botanical app identifies the first one as Dasiphora fruticosa but i doubt it. Second green plant is being identified as Praire smoke but again i cant find anything similar under this name. Third image of circular plant says its Chalk dudleya. And the very last image of a green plant next to rock is identified as
    Chelidonium majus. Can someone please help me identify these plants? Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

I think, that the first might be
    Potentilla pulchella or some other species of genus Potentilla.
    With the others I see no urgent reason to disagree with your app, based on those tiny photos seen from my phone screen.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

None of the names suggested by the app seem to me to be for plants that are native to your area --maybe the possible Chelidonium. For most plants for an area that is unfamiliar to many of us, a flower will be required.

Tyrlych likes this.
  4. batjil

batjil New Member

@Sulev thank you, @Daniel Mosquin Im using PictureThis app for ios, and thank you for your time, will upload more photos.