Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Cephalotus, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Cephalotus

Cephalotus Member

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum. My name is Krzysztof and I come from Poland, but you can call me Chris. I must admit, that I joined it, because I have found a photo of Gladiolus palustris on it. I have so many interests, that it would be hard to describe. The most important passion of mine is Nature and everything connected with it. I also grow some plants in my tiny garden. I decided to collect all interesting and attractive species, that grow or used to grow in my country. On of them was Gladiolus palustris. I am searching for this plant for so many years, that I got really tired of that. I have found many shops, that offer it, but all of them were mistaken with G. imbricatus, G. communis, or there were no photo of the plant.

I thought that there is a slight change that many you could help me anyhow. I joined so many forums searching for any help. I must say, that I was surprised, that on this forum isn't anything like Private Messages. That is why I decided to write everything here. I will be very thankful for any response and any help from you. Please forgive me my grammar, I always had problems with it.

Best wishes,
    Krzysztof Ciesielski

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Welcome to the forum!

You will be able to use the private messages after you have posted a certain number of posts (I forget how many, but it isn't a lot).

3. Cephalotus

Cephalotus Member

Interesting method to make people stay and write more. I hope I will have what to write about. I could say something about my native species, but will that be good topic for that forum? Does here work IMG codes, or I have to attach files directly from my computer? I think I could have some interesting photos for users of that forum.

4. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Yes, your native plants will be of interest!

Here's information on adding photos: Attaching Images

5. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hello Cephalotus,

The initial restrictions on Private Messaging and Attachments is to deter Spammers and other evil doers. People who want to post unsavory things are not likely to wait around for the permissions to kick in. It has helped. This shows what you get with membership and time:
    http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10143

Welcome to the Forums!

6. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

witamy, krzysztof!!!

and that's the extent of my polish...they didn't teach the younger generations (even though i wanted to learn) and now all those originally from 'the old country' aren't gone, so, no opportunity to learn now.

anyway, just wanted to extend a welcome - everyone else has already told you how the forum works (pm's and pics). looking forward to learning about what's native in your country. i'm not aware of any other members who are in poland.