About two weeks ago we bought a clematis in the typical 1 gallon pot. Today I finally got around to planting it. The instructions were for an 18" square and deep hole to which you add compost etc. When it came time to remove the clematis from the pot, I failed to notice that the stake to which the clematis was tied, was also stapled to the pot. The stem of the little plant I think got broken in two places as a result of my goofus uppus. Regardless of that, I have tied the plant up as well as I could, given that it took three hours to go through this whole operation. First photo, as bought. Second photo, last night after my trip to the coast for two days. Today, before I removed it from the pot. Late today, during and after the planting episode. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it has decided to survive the night.