Hanging on a pulley

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Rosslyn, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Rosslyn

Rosslyn Member

Is there a system for hanging plants high up on the celing that you can lower and raise for watering and care? I couldn't be able to come up with anything in the internet. The E-Z Up Plant Hanger is no longer available.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The product appears to be available at Lee Valley (unless of course they or the manufacturer has discontinued it).

3. markinwestmich

markinwestmich Active Member

My brother has cathedral ceilings and skylights in his home. He has some of his hanging plants hanging under the skylights with a home made system similar to what you are speaking of. It appears to be simple enough. You can obtain pulleys, rope/cable, and rope hooks at your local hardware/home improvement store.

4. lyned

lyned Member

I think you would be better off with an automatic watering system. I set one up with the thin plastic tubing and some drippers to a timer on the tap. The trick was in getting the tubing fairly taute and with a slight slope so it didn't get any airlocks in it
    I imagine if you have ropes and pulleys, they might get in the way when the plant is up because they would be down.
    I like to do as much as I can myself, so therefore I experiment a far bit.
    So good luck, I think hanging baskets are just great.