Grow lights for indoor plants

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Ellie_, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Ellie_

Ellie_ New Member

I'm moving from a place with large Southeast facing windows to an apartment with one big North facing window (floor to ceiling) with a covered balcony outside.

I'm worried that my plants will suffer in the move and I'm wondering if there's things I can do to keep them thriving or if I should see if I can rehome them to a friend with a better light situation. I'd really love to keep them as I've had many of them for years and years but would hate to see them die.

At present, most of them sit near the windows (blinds shut most of the day, so indirect light most days and direct light on the weekends) and they seem to really love it. Lots of growth and pretty healthy overall. Off the top of my head there is a: fiddle leaf bambino, monstera, variegated monstera, lemon lime philodendron, nerve plant, rubber plant, stromanthe, and a pilea.

Would replacing some of the bulbs in the lamps near them with a grow bulb help? And if so, what kind would be best for an indoor plant? I'm a little overwhelmed with all the options for bulbs when I started looking into it, I've never dived too deep into the world of plants before!

Leafygreens likes this.
  2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years