Green meadows

Discussion in 'Plants and Biodiversity Stumpers' started by Daniel Mosquin, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Here's one for you - what is it? Joe Keller isn't allowed to answer, since it was his suggestion while we were out on the Alpine Garden Club of BC's walkabout at UBC this evening.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  2. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Finally: one I know! And I'm first!
    Its a huge tray of brussels sprouts down at Granville market. Nice try Daniel but you can't fool all of us all the time.
    Ralph

3. growest

growest Active Member 10 Years

On the off chance that Ralph's valiant attempt might be wrong...and like Ralph I say I never seem to get a chance with all you plant-whiz guys!

Alpine club sounds like a clue, sooo-

I'm going with raoulia (does spelling count). I'd also guess glabra, coz of the bluish tinge, but haastii if the photo has pushed the tint.

Glen

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Glen, you got it! Bah! Still not hard enough. We've it accessioned as Raoulia australis - a member of the sunflower family. I'll post a larger perspective photo tonight.

5. fourd

fourd Active Member 10 Years

OK, now to me I would have sworn that you acidentially took a picture of old green carpet -- could have sworn thoes are a few threads lying on the carpet! I think I need a new monitor or something -- you guys are too good!

6. Daniel Mosquin

fourd - yes, the longer I stare at the photograph, the more lines I see

As promised, here's the larger perspective (even though it's a moderately sized jpg, it's quite a long download because it is hard to compress the detail - sorry)

Attached Files:

7. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Hopefully you are no longer staring at it.

8. Daniel Mosquin