Gardening centres Lower Mainland

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by nichelle, Mar 28, 2020.

1. nichelle

nichelle Active Member 10 Years

Does anyone know of any gardening centres in the Lower Mainland (BC) that are still open?

Thanks!

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

If you check one or more may be offering home delivery now.

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Phoenix Perennials newsletter from this morning says:
    Covid-19 Updates: #GardeningIsNotCancelled
    Nurseries and garden centres have been designated an essential service in BC. We remain open 7 days a week, 10am-5pm. We currently have many guidelines in place to keep everyone safe and will be evaluating and re-configuring our nursery for the upcoming busy gardening season.
    View our updates on Phoenix Perennials operations and guidelines for visiting the nursery.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Hunters Garden Centre is open. They also have guidelines in place for their visitors. Best to check with each place ahead of time before making a visit.

5. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

I think that Cedar Rim Nursery in Langley is open; I went there earlier this month after other nurseries had closed. Their Website has a section on parking lot pickup for anyone at risk from Covid-19, although a note about it on the home page seems to have been deleted while I was checking the site out. The link to their store hours also didn't work; so, it appears that they are updating their Website right now. Check later for the latest information.

6. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    West Coast Seeds (Delta BC) mail order is avail (they have some tools and kits and also non-seed future plants like potato for planting etc )

Oh I just looked - they have shipping delays which is understandable at this crisis disease time

I really like their products (I am not associated in any way)
    West Coast Seeds | Organic Seeds

———
    And this years’ old seed company out of Vernon BC ... again, I am not associated in any way tho I do have success w their product when I remember to plant it! ;)

Home - Pacific Northwest Seeds

7. nichelle

nichelle Active Member 10 Years

Thanks for your replies - I think Pacific Northwest is wholesale only. I'm a bit far for the Langley nursery, and I'm not sure if Phoenix would have the fairly basic plants and seed packets I'm after. But I'll check out David Hunter.

8. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    Even good ol’ Stokes is NOT taking home garden seed orders

Interesting message on their website re food security
    Stoke Seeds

9. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

10. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Gardenworks (several stores near Vancouver) has also implemented a system of ordering by email or phone, and you have the option of delivery to your home or picking the order up at their parking lot (while you stay in your vehicle). Their Website also states that they will be opening stores on April 2nd.