Garden Planted 27 May 2006.

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by Durgan, May 27, 2006.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

http://tny.se/2ka

The garden is planted (27 May 2006) and some items are up. Now I am waiting for the fruits of my labours. The pictures are annotated in general terms in the lower left corner of the enlarged picture.

Durgan.

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

Well that's certainly a labor of love, far more work than I could tackle. Nice pics, thanks. Keep us posted on the progress you make.

3. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

Lovely lily bed, and I love gooseberries! The shed with the plastic roof is awesome.

The trellises are similar to what we're planning for a fence, using cattle panels?

However, anything that says "trumpet vine" scares me. I bet it is beautiful, but is this one tamer than the one I must wage a constant war with to keep it from taking over a couple of our houses?

Looks nicely set up. Great job with the pictures.

4. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

I must say the stories of this pretty flowered vine is a bit of concern for me. I planted it being ignorant of the growth habits of the plant. I suspect I put it in the wrong place. It should have a large pole in the middle of nowhere. This is the second year so I will see how it goes. The one I saw, which prompted me to buy this one, was about 20 feet up a telephone pole in a rural area. It was absolutely magnificient, totally covered in flowers.

Durgan.

5. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

The foliage is beautiful, I think, and the orange flowers of the naturalized turmpet vine are stunning, too.

You have really gone gangbusters, and many parts of your garden make me envious.