Identification: Fungus ID

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by ABPhoto, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ABPhoto

ABPhoto Member

Hello,
    I was hoping I could get some help in identifying a mushroom. I found it while hiking in the Santa Barbara, CA area. It was growing in a particularly moist riparian habitat. The mushroom was about 2" in height. I have looked through most of the resources from this site, but to no avail. Hopefully the attached image is enough for an id or at least a direction to head in. Thanks
    Andrew

Attached Files:

2. MycoRob

MycoRob Active Member

You definetly need a spore print on those non-descript little-to-medium sized brown mushrooms, and a picture of the gills would help. Is the base slightly bulbous? does the mushroom have an odor (putrid, anise-like, pleasant)?

3. ABPhoto

ABPhoto Member

Unfortunately, I took that pic a few weeks ago before I knew what was needed for a mushroom id. I am trying to identify all of my recent plant images and this is one I could not figure out. The above pic is the only one of that mushroom I have. I will head back to where it was over the weekend, and if it is still there get some more pics. Thanks for the help though, Rob.
    Andrew