Identification: Fungus from a vacation hike. ID please.

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by jabberti, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jabberti

jabberti Member

I just got back from Bull Shoals Arkansas and brought some fungus back with me. Sorry i dont have a camera to take better photos with. All I have is my onboard laptop camera. All of these were picked in a forest on a rocky path. All of them were in clusters. If you have any questions about them, I will do my best to answer. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. jabberti

jabberti Member

The two images on the left are dry and have some worms on them, should i discard them due to the worms? Also, the one on the right, i have a few of those, they are slimy and have greyish gills. I am in the process of trying to get a spore print, but they are about 2-3 days old and i dont know how well that will turn out. I will check them in the morning.

3. jabberti

jabberti Member

Just got up and to my disappointment there are no spore prints. Like i thought, they were too old. Like i said though, if you have questions about the mushrooms (smell, touch, gills, cap) just ask and i will do my best to describe them.

Thank you very much.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Very difficult, I think - colour, which might be helpful, is off by a fair bit with the laptop camera + indoor lighting. I tried to get the one on the right, but didn't come up with anything.

5. jabberti

jabberti Member

The ones on the left have brown caps fading to off-white or slightly yellow. They are bumpy, not smooth. The stems are off-white; thin at the top growing thicker at the bottom. But what about the worms? Should i discard them due to that?

6. Illecippo

Illecippo Active Member

Psathyrella sp. (candolleana?) and a Lepiota gr.cristata (photo 1) toxic.