Fungi ID

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Acerholic, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Found this one in my photos taken at the Winkworth Arboretum in Surrey UK last year. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi @Acerholic - Very robust fruiting!

So it is on hardwood, in a significantly sized cluster. Large overall. The staining might suggest spore colour, but not always. I can see what might be a ring high on the stipe in the mushroom in the centre, which also shows a fairly slender stipe. Lacks any yellowish cast or orange tones.

Without underside shot, I can't make a confident ID suggestion, but based on the visible characters I put 5 cents on an Armillaria.

Acerholic likes this.
  3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Frog Good evening J, Thank-you for that, if that is what you think then that's good enough for me. Armillaria it is.
    It was an amazing amount of fruiting and totally untouched. Hence why I took the photo.
    Thanks again.

Frog likes this.