Forum update Monday at 11 PM Vancouver time (tentative)

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

If all goes well, I will be updating the forums to the latest version of the software this Saturday, August 19, at 11pm Vancouver local time.

Some changes to come:

* Multi-Quote
    * Linked Quotes
    * Private Message Preview In Notification Emails
    * Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
    * Default Sorting Option Per Forum
    * Enforced Required Profile Fields
    * Pop-Up List Of Attachments In A Thread
    * RSS Poster Robot allows import of RSS feeds into forums
    * Receive private messages from Buddies only option
    * Welcome private message at registration
    * Automatically remove thread redirects after set time

Also, one thing that I had suggested to the developers of the software based on user confusion here will also be included - attachment thumbnails will be visible when previewing a thread.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Re: Forum update Sunday at 11 PM Vancouver time

Postponed one day. Too tired to do this tonight.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Well, maybe third time is the charm. I've the files uploaded, but will wait until tonight to make the switch.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Okay, that mostly went well. I've a few things to tidy up which I'll get to sometime during the next 24 hours - just a bit of display stuff.

If you spot any errors or changes or something you used is missing, please let me know.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Heh, oops. Sorry about that. Reloading the page will fix things if you've noted an image problem.

6. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

I was wondering what the advantage is of the green margin for a photograph, listing the size and file type? It is a great feature to now be able to preview attachments so that one may change an order for a better look or explanation.

7. Daniel Mosquin

I think the main advantage is for folks on dial-up to be able to tell how long they'll have to wait to open it or to tell if you're going to need to scroll the screen to see the full image when opening it.

8. Daniel Mosquin

So I think everything is tidied up to the way it used to be (or improved) ... anyone notice any problems, please let me know.

9. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

I choose to forget what it was like on dial-up, so occasional reminders are needed. There are some huge attachments herein, so knowledge of the size ahead of time saves the frustration and is indeed a great feature.

10. Daniel Mosquin

Ok, NOW I think I have everything back to the way it was.