flower in vegetable garden

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by pgreen18, Jul 4, 2005.

1. pgreen18

pgreen18 Member

flower id

Anyone know what this is? In the second picture, I taped the bloom to the leaf about where it is attached to the plant stem. I scanned the bloom on top of the leaf in the first, so it would show up better. The leaves are from a younger plant (the first leaf) and the plant in bloom (the second leaf). The plant is in the vegetable garden and in full sun. It is growing in southcentral Virginia, zone 7 and just started blooming a couple of days ago. The blooms last a day or two and then drop off. Of course it has been a little windy and the bloom looks very fragile. Thank you anyone who can help me identify it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  2. pgreen18

pgreen18 Member

flower id

The blooms had fallen off this plant this morning when the new picture was taken. The first picture is an earlier scan of the bloom on top of the leaf. The next shows the buds forming new blooms amongst the leaves. The next two are just two different views of the entire plant. As you can see it is coming up through a cucumber vine in the last picture. Thank you for any help you can give me in identifying this plant.

Attached Files: