Fissistigma latifolium

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by qanaah, Feb 11, 2006.

1. qanaah

qanaah Member

I'm masters student, now I'm doing a research project on Fissistigma latifolium. The research is about studies on alkaloids from Fissistigma latifolium.
    I found that the information about that species is rare in internate and journal. So I hope can get some information from UBC Botanical forum's member. If you willing to help me, you can email me at qanaah04@yahoo.com

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

At least on the Internet, that is a very obscure plant. I know we don't have any resources here at UBC Botanical Garden that would be of help - our selection of texts on tropical flora is sadly lacking. Depending on what sort of information you are looking for, the larger botanical gardens and herbaria might be able to help, in particular the National Herbarium Nederland

3. pierrot

pierrot Active Member 10 Years

try expanding your search to alkaloids of the Annonaceae the google search will find several papers and sites with information on the relatives. then if you know the putative relationships with other genera.

I did a quick search and it came up with this

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=alkaloids+of+the+annonaceae&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

there is even a paper (www.arbec.com.my/pdf/july-6.pdf) from a university in Malaysia and you may want to contact that department for some help and collaboration.

You may also want to check out the journal of chemical ecology, Biochemical Systematics and Ecology and the journal 'Phytochemistry'

a lot of secondary metabolisma work has been done by Jeffry Harborne's lab at Reading. he has retired now and is in his mid 70's but his lab is run by his associate Christine Williams

Hope this helps you
    Pierrot

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thanks, pierrot