Fertilizer for Smaragd (Emerald Green Cedars) in the Fall

Discussion in 'Gymnosperms (incl. Conifers)' started by greenthumb newbie, Oct 1, 2006.

1. greenthumb newbie

greenthumb newbie Member

Hi All,

My Smaragd's are flagging more than usual. I am wondering if it is because its a seasonal change thing? I was considering fertizing with an organic fertilizer. Is it OK to feed Smaragd in the fall and winter?

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Probably too dry. Dig into soil nearby and look at it to see if it is dusty. Fall best time to fertilize hardy plants, sample soil and have it tested first to see what may be needed. If favoring organic product check labeling for seasonal limitations.

3. easygardeningsecrets.blogspot.

easygardeningsecrets.blogspot. Member

I have had phenomenal results with all of my pants and trees by simply supplying colloidal humus compost to my soil rather than traditional feeding. This is a totally natural method of "feeding" all plants and produces amazing results. I really love this compost because it is an earth friendly, sustainable and very simple gardening method. I have included a link on my website to the worlds best compost which explains how to use this method of composting at www.easygardeningsecrets.blogspot.com I hope that this can help you. Good Luck and Happy Gardening!