Expansive Plant Picture Upload :)

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by natureman, Feb 14, 2008.

1. natureman

natureman Active Member

Finally got around to uploading the majority of my plant picture to my friends server, all 235 of them. They're spread over several folders, all pictures were taken by me, either from my yard (Folder: Leaves) or the park (Folder: Park). All the chili plants are indoor grown, eventually will go outside. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'd greatly appreciate. I'd like to eventually create a local fauna directory, of the ones I've named (of course, greatly with UBC forum's past help). Thanks

EDIT: Durgen put my pictures onto a neater display on his blog/server. Thanks Durgen! Here are the links:

http://quase.notlong.com/
    http://thooke.notlong.com/
    http://angiune.notlong.com/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. natureman

natureman Active Member

Aww darn, this Photography and Art folder hardly gets any views :P

3. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

people who use the 'new posts' search function will see that you posted :)

i don't have time to look through the whole thing right now. i did take a quick look at a few of the folders and you've got some nice pics there.

one suggestion - some pics are sideways. you may want to rotate them so they are showing in the correct direction.

4. natureman

natureman Active Member

Yeah, about the sideways thing, the file viewer I use (Konqueror, yes, I'm a Linux user) auto orients the files, so I never know if they're oriented differently than they should be until I open them in web browser.

5. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

Natureman:

What camera do you use? I like the feathered friend shots. You have quite a nice growing set-up, obviously a work of love.

6. natureman

natureman Active Member

It's a Canon PowerShot A550, can take some pretty nice pics if you know what you're doing.

7. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Re: no (or few) views. Moving threads around is a bit like gardening, and trying to shore up weak spots in the garden / less frequently trafficked parts of the forum - the more that exists in a forum, the more it attracts, it seems. So, don't feel too badly (I was having this discussion with someone last night about how a thread was moved on a different forum and it made the person grumpy because it was no longer in the area they wanted it)

8. natureman

natureman Active Member

Ok Mr. Mosquin :)