eucryphia's

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by darren hale, Sep 1, 2004.

1. darren hale

darren hale Member

Hi all, anyone out there know when is the best time to move Eucryphia's as i have come across some that are badly planted.They are about 12 feet high and just going out of flower. thanx Darren

2. These are sold out of containers partly because they do not transplant well. At 12' high they will probably be quite a gamble, unless planted quite recently. However, I once moved an established Embothrium with success, so sometimes you can get away with such things. I'd try it when the tops were not active, if the shoots are all firm now you might be able to proceed immediately, otherwise later in the season.

What makes them badly planted? Is it something that can be corrected without digging them up?

3. darren hale

darren hale Member

badly planted eucryphia's

hi, thanks for your response. The eucryphia's have been planted very close to the wall on the front of the castle there are living quarters there and in the future the windows will be obscured by the growth of the plants, although i know that the eucryphia's will respond to clipping i am trying to reduce the annual maintenance that has to be carried out around the grounds as they are quite large and i am on my own for most of the year. thanks again for your help. Darren Hale