Enormous hybrid .

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by trikus, Nov 20, 2007.

1. trikus

trikus Active Member

Anthurium formosum is a large growing species that forms clumps , the flower looks a little like that on A.veitchii and as these 2 plants were growing right beside each other and were in flower at the same time, so I did a cross pollination , several times . I knew it would work as a mate had done this cross before .
    The foliage is exactly what you would expect from this cross , would have been lovely if the leaves were longer and more quilted , maybe veitchii crossed onto it again may improve the texture .
    Pictured is youing Jenna beside the clump of formosum , the pollen parent for the cross Anthurium veitchii x formosum . Have not named this cross , any suggestions ?

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

What about " Jenna "?
    Absolutely love the size of those leaves!!

Ed

3. etropicals

etropicals Member

IMG_1736.JPG
    Speaking of enormous hybrids check out this pretty hybrid. Faustinomirandae X Podophyllum. The leaves are still changing in shape with each new leaf.

4. LariAnn

LariAnn Active Member

Oh, I've got one from a cross like that, only mine has leaves that look like those on A. pedato-radiatum, but much thicker in substance and reddish when they first emerge, just like A. faustomirandae leaves look when they first emerge. Pic to come . . .

LariAnn
    Aroidia Research

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Are these anything like Euonymus hybrids? If crossed with those would they then be called X Euornerynus?

They do like they would be used for wrapping food, a sort of taro leaf for the Super Size It crowd.