Dying Spider Plant! Help!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by ashrain87, Dec 4, 2006.

1. ashrain87

ashrain87 Member

Hey yall, I'm new to this. My roomate left his plants outside because he believed they needed the rain! OK! Anyways, it turned really cold outside and pretty much killed his plants. The leaves are now all dropping and brown. He put them inside in the bathroom to give them heat but it didnt work. Is there anyways I can help him with his plants? If I'm not mistaken the common name for this plant is the Chlorophytum comosum 'Variegatum' or the Spider Plant.

2. toutlan

toutlan Active Member

keep watering and it might come back depending on the cold damage severity.they are pretty hard to kill.

3. Rima

Rima Active Member

Don't keep it soaking wet all the time - just as bad as too dry. Wait til the top 1/2" of the soil is dry before doing it each time. Don't put it in a hot dry place, and don't keep it in direct sunlight. Do give it weeks to recover and start showing new growth.

4. ashrain87

ashrain87 Member

I want to thank both of you for your comments. It seems like he has a long time ahead of him before his plants are healthy again. I will tell him this information. Again thank you both.