Dragon tree help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Courtney Youngs, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Courtney Youngs

Courtney Youngs New Member

I have some dragon trees that I separated and replanted about three weeks ago. They’re about 2 feet tall. One had a big bend in it so I have some wood tied on it to straighten it and it worked really well. I took it off to move it to another small bend to straighten it even more and I snapped the stalk! It snapped all the way through about two inches under the start of the leaves. The root system was pretty good for it when I replanted it, so I’m hoping there’s a way I could save either parts of it, if not both ends of the snap? (Picture of the other dragon tree with the snapped portion and another picture of the snapped part) I have the stalk in the same soil still and the broken top in some water.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2020
  2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

You'll probably end up with two plants instead of one. The break appears to be clean but you may want to make a sharp cut with pruners at both ends of the stem, just above and below a leaf node respectively. Apply some rooting hormone to the tip end and plant in soil.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020