Do plants have psychological needs??

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by jamkh, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jamkh

jamkh Active Member

What an odd question? Do you classify a plant as a persona? I would, simply because it is more trainable than a human being. In the animal kingdom we find the need to communicate with their kind exists, and they do so in strange and diverse ways. How about plants and how do they communicate then.
    In Japan, there is a word called "sonen" in their vocabulary. It means your vibration or aura as some call it. The nature of your feelings affects the color of your aura; negative vibrations, illness color it in darker tones, the worse is black. Positive vibrations associates with the bright colors, the best is red. Plants are sensitive to your sonen and respond accordingly.
    What do you mean when you say someone has a green thumb? To me it means you have a positive, beneficial relationship with your plants. A farmer with a cheerful disposition and a deep love for plants is bound to raise robust crops than one who is grouchy and hates doing his daily chores. In gardening he is not the winner if he brings forth the biggest bumpkin, he is already a winner if he is happy with his plants. In my case I am happy with what I do with my plants (therapeutic benefits), and nothing another botanist can do or say that can detract an iota of joy that I get from my plants.
    I wonder if the UBC Psychology Faculty had done any project dealing with the psychological needs of plants.

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Ask Prince Charles - he's well known for talking to his plants :-)

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

4. pierrot

pierrot Active Member 10 Years

5. Padraigan

Padraigan Active Member

Poor Diana !

6. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Poor Diana anyway.