disease on leaves of apple and Pear trees?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Eyeris, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Eyeris

Eyeris Active Member

This is only my second season as a fruit tree gardener. Last year all the apples became rotten and fell off the tree, while the pears grew very well and we just didn't pick them in time This year I have been trying to keep up with thier growth and care from the start of the spring...We sprayed both trees with dormant spray and just recently sprayed them with Fruit Plus to control leaf curl ect..

This year the apples appear to be a strange shape as they start growing and many of the leaves are turning brown and spotty (see pic). What is the cause and what can I do for this problem?

As for the pear trees, last year's growth was great, this year there is not as many fruits and the leaves are getting this orange spot...(see pic) Is there something I should be doing..or something I am not doing?

thanks for your help...
    E.

Attached Files:

2. jimweed

jimweed Active Member 10 Years

Pear Trellis Rust possibly, some sort of blight on the apple? Copper is the best muli-purpose dormant spray, I would presume you used dormant oil/lime sulpur. Whatever you use make sure to spray any Cedars and Junipers you may have, if it is rust it will host on your evergreens in the dormant season. Just a suggestion from what I see on the west coast. Jim.

3. tonyd

tonyd Member

I have the same problem on my apple tree. Local garden said it was due to overwatering, maybe the clay soil.

Good Luck