Corn plant Slowly dying (dracaena massangeana)

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by breew39, Oct 25, 2020.

1. breew39

breew39 New Member

Hello all,
    I am a fairly new plant mom, I have had my corn plant for several month now. But Recently he is losing all of his leaves probably around 15-20 leaves. The top stalk leaves that are left are droopy and turning yellow, but there is 3 baby leaves in the center. I have 2 big windows, though they are only open for 3-4 hours in daylight, before I have to close them cause of the glare on my computer screen and I cannot see. I always have my humidifier on, and the bottom stalk is doing great!

If someone can help me with what I am doing wrong, is he not getting enough sun now due to winter coming? its been a lot more cloudy and cold I do live in Canada, Ontario. Maybe my room is too cold now? Did I overwater him? Please help me save my Stevey (his name) I really do not want him to die :(.

Thanks for the help, Bree.

Attached Files:

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Welcome to the Forum!

Suspect Stevey is too wet and cold. In other words, your instincts are correct.
    Lay off the water a bit, and move him to a warmer spot.

Good luck!

Tom Hulse likes this.
  3. Tom Hulse

Tom Hulse Active Member 10 Years

Hi Bree. :) I don't see a saucer under your pot, does that mean it doesn't have a drainage hole? It would be nearly impossible to succeed with that plant if it doesn't have drainage. Light doesn't sound too good, either. Could you use a window blind with slats to get more light but still protect from glare or move him like Togata suggested?

4. breew39

breew39 New Member

Hey!
    Firstly, thank you guys for replying to try to help me! I moved him to the other window and I will keep it open for him, and keep off the water for a bit. He actually has a bunch of new leaves in the center that I did not notice yesterday, so that makes me feel better. Also, Hi Tom! Yes the pot is like a 2 in 1 pot, there is a drainage hole at the bottom and I make sure that no water sits in there.