Confused Maples colouring up early

Discussion in 'Maples' started by clive edwards, Jul 11, 2004.

1. clive edwards

clive edwards Member Maple Society

Four of my Maples(Sango Kaku, Ozakazuki, Ichigyoji and an unknown dissectum) have coloured up to allmost autumn colours. Is this due to low summer temperatures. They are watered regularly and are not under stress. Has anyone else got this condition?

2. ckramos

ckramos Member

me too

Same happened to me.

my Shindeshojo turned orangy, seiryu/yello, omurayama and kurabeyama went bluish?

I'm not too concerned, I hope it thinks it's spring and start shooting massive growth.

cesar

3. clive edwards

clive edwards Member Maple Society

thanks mate acers can blow your mind . how are things in washington,ive never spoke to anyone in america before

4. jacquot

jacquot Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

coloring up

I'm in a different part of the US, and have had a more mild and wet season than ususal. My maples seem fine, but I did notice a large tree on the next block with about 1/4 of the branches turned to not just normally autumn red, but definitely in that direction. It is interesting. I've seen a lot of atypical things here this year after an unusually severe winter.

5. Dale B.

Dale B. Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

I believe that the trees are changing colors early due to stress of some sort. The reason may be too little water, too much, or a malady of some sort. I expect that the leaves will start dropping soon.