Collector's Nursery Closing

Discussion in 'Maples' started by scross1, Oct 20, 2006.

1. scross1

scross1 Active Member

I have heard some rumors from some plant collectors here in NJ that Collector's Nursery in Battle Ground, Washington is closing. Has anyone stopped by or heard anything about this?

Thanks

Scott Crossney
    Hamilton, NJ US

2. silver_creek

silver_creek Active Member

I have heard that they are closing. Looking at their website doesn't give you that indication, but gardeners in their local are taking advantage of their selling off of inventory.

3. Galt

Galt Active Member

Earlier this year or late last year there was an offer on their website for the sale of the business. They had indicated that it would be closing or sold, but I did not see it the last time I looked at the site.

It was structured for the purchase of the operation with plants to be negotiated separately adn the cost seemed very high to me and I would be surprised if it sold.

Not sure what the situation is now. They still seem to have a fair amount of inventory based on their website.

4. scross1

scross1 Active Member

My concern is that the website may not be up to date in the event that they are closing. Sad to see another nursery closing.

5. rapid

rapid Member

I was at Collector's Nursery last weekend and they are closing. Many of their more "common" plants were 1/2 price so I picked up quite a few heucheras and ferns. Some of the greenhouses were closed to the public--perhaps to be sold with the operation.
    Don't know what the closing date is.

6. scross1

scross1 Active Member

Just received an online order from Collector's that I placed about a week or so ago(good sized plant too). I checked out their website and it looks like they are updating their inventory online. Order while you can.