Identification: Clueless

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by redchurchcat, Apr 27, 2007.

1. redchurchcat

redchurchcat Member

I have a plant that was rooted off of my grandmother's plant. The leaves are a dark green on top and a burgandy color underneath. The leaves grow circularly with a ruffled edge. There is one leaf per stem which shoots off of a stalk like piece. The plant is kind of fragile and holds a lot of water in it stems. If you have any clue as to what it may be, please enlighten me. My mother calls it an elephant ear, but I think that she is way off. It does bloom, though I don't think that the flowers are very big. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. mosscampion

mosscampion Active Member

Do you have a photo? That might help. To be honest, my first thought was that it is an African Violet based on your description, but without a photo, it's really impossible to be sure.

3. redchurchcat

redchurchcat Member

It's definately not an african violet, though it is similar. The leaf stems are watery like a violet and the coloring is very close to the dark green of a violet. I will try and get a picture posted asap. Thanks.