Close up's of flowers, leaves and bark - for best effect let them fill your screen

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by RICHARD MASSON, Jan 10, 2009.

1. RICHARD MASSON

RICHARD MASSON Active Member

Close up's of leaves, of bark, of flowers, fungi and a strange misty day in Panama.
    For best effect let each one fill the screen.

Attached Files:

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Re: Close up's of flowers, leaves and bark - for best effect let them fill your scree

These are gorgeous, Richard. Do you have a full-plant shot for the Caladium in photo #6?

3. RICHARD MASSON

Re: Close up's of flowers, leaves and bark - for best effect let them fill your scree

That was the only shot I took of the plant Caladium, it caught my eye because of the interesting two-colour leaves. I did not even know its name.

4. lorax

C. bicolor, probably. Pity you only took the one closeup; the difference between the Central American examples of the species and the South American ones is something I'm trying to track.

5. RICHARD MASSON

The place the photograph was taken was in Costa Rica at Casa Orquideas Botanical Gardens on coast of Golfo Dulce. The place has no website (as far as I can see) or method of direct contact except via http://www.esquinaslodge.com/toursexcursions/casa-orquideas-boat-tour.html. It is privately owned.
    It is full of every plant you can consider, with many intersting food bearing trees and plants, and you could spend a week or more there.
    Having seen Caladiums on the web, I remember there was many cultivars there. They do want volunteers.....!!

6. lorax

Love to, but I'm currently living in Ecuador and working with first-growth forest conservation here.

7. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Beautiful!!!I set one to my desktop background.