Christmas tree palm seeds

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by Tom24, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Tom24

Tom24 Active Member

I recently got some christmas tree palm seeds, some of them started to sprout, How long do they take to get leaves? I want to dedicate my future palms to my father who I recently lost on the 8th while moving me. He was a good man and an excellent father. I had just recently got him interested in palm growing. We lost him at 55 he just had a b-day on the 4th.

Love you Dad RIP

Tom24

2. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

While I'm not sure of the specifics on the christmas palm, I'd wager that if they've germinated, pot them up with the new emerging root downward. It could be a week to perhaps a couple of months before top growth appears.

Tom24 ... I feel your loss as it's been nearly 2 years to the day my father passed away. He was 80, and I'm 48 now so close in many repects to the age your father was. Plant a palm or tree in his memory as I've done in my garden with not just my dad, but many friends and relatives as well. I did a dedication once with a scattering of ashes from the urn for a friend of mine. His wife was very gracious in offering that humble experience. Sadly she passed 6 months later and now dedication plantings are side by side in my garden. I recall so many good times as I wander through my garden.

Cheers, and best wishes ... LPN (Barrie)

3. Tom24

Tom24 Active Member

Thank you very much for your respects and the advice on the christmas tree palms.

Tom 24