Cherries in Japan

Discussion in 'VCBF Neighbourhood Blogs' started by eteinindia, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Bikkuri-pon! Asadoras have nearly always revolved around a female protagonist so this is a departure from recent history.
    Japan has such beautiful scenery. Wish I could be there.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society

Four minutes of colour and happiness through all seasons. Lovely for me to wake up to.

Thankyou Mariko

D

3. eteinindia

eteinindia Active Member VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Thank you, Wendy, Junglekeeper and Acerholic. I' glad you like it!!
    Junglekeeper, you know "Asa ga kita". I liked that drama very much!! You saw it in Japan or in Canada?
    Yes, I also wonder why this time is a story of a man not a woman. They didn't talk anything about it.

Fukushima is a really beautiful place. But they suffered the earthquake, Tsunami and the nuclear disaster. Some parts of Fukushima are still not permited to enter.
    The Olympic torch relay was going to start from Fukushima this spring but it couldn't because of Coronavirus.. I was planning ti visit there to see cherry blossoms. But I couldn't.
    I wish everything will be all right and I can see cherries in Fukushima. Also we can see Olympic next year.

4. Junglekeeper

It's one of my favorites, along with Carnation. The stories are quite inspirational. I saw them here.

5. eteinindia

Then you are watching "Yell", aren't you? I prefer "Hanako to Anne” to Carnation.
    When I was in Canada, I was watching "TV Japan", which included some trendy commercial broadcasting program by pay cable TV with other programs. .
    But I think NHK world is free satellite broadcasting.

6. Junglekeeper

There have been many good asadoras in recent memory. Of course there's the epic, Oshin. I'm impressed by the quality of the productions. Speaking of Anne, I'm reminded of the most beautiful Anne Watanabe in Gochisousan. I'm surprised to come upon an asadora fan in this forum. Is Yell good?

7. eteinindia

I'm not sure I'm an asadora fan or not, but asadoras are a kind of daily routine for many Japanese. We have to have those.
    To act at an asadora is a status for actors and actresses. To be a hero and heroin is a goo chance to be widely known for young ones.
    I'm very glad asadora became international! I want more people to know Japanese lifestyle, nature and the way of thinking.
    By the way, do you know Anne Watanabe got married with Mr Higashide who acted as her husband in Gochisousan?
    They had three children but it is said they will get a divorce in short time.
    But this is a garden forum not a gossip talking site, we have to stop now.

Junglekeeper likes this.
  8. eteinindia

★Cherries in June,
    Takane-zakura at Kurobedaira on Mt, Tate (Tate-yama), June 22.2015

This year I haven’t seen enough cherries. I could see Somei-yoshinos in Tokyo, but because of the State of Emergency I couldn’t see double cherries around Tokyo and cherries in other prefectures. So I planned to visit Kurobedaira Plane on Mt. Tate (Tateyama) to see Takane-zakura blooming in June. But I couldn’t. Because of coronavirus, the accommodations on Tateyama didn’t open until July. We postponed our trip to July. We will visit there next week. Even if we visit there we won’t see Cherries. So I‘m posting pictures of my trip on June, 2015 which I didn’t post.

After I came back to Japan, I became a member of the Cherry Blossom Society of Japan. Usually the annual meeting was held at Tamagawa University located in Kanagawa, about an hour ride of train from Tokyo station. But in 2015, the annual meeting was held at Botanic Garden of Toyama on June 21,2015. Members all over Japan gathered there, had presentations about cherries in many perspectives and talked about cherries. On the next day, June 22, 2015, we had an excursion to see Takane-zakura on Mt. Tateyama. Takane-zakura is also called Mine-zakura. It is one of eleven wild cherries grown in Japan.

We traveled Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route from Toyama to Kurobedaira.
    First we took a bus to Tateyama Station. Then we got on a cable car to Bijodaira Station (977m). There we got on a route bus to Murodo (2450m). There were still a lot of snow there.

Then we took Tateyama Tunnel Trolley bus to Daikanbo (2316m) and took Tateyama Ropeway to Kurobedaira. Scenery from Kurobedaira was so beautiful.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 043.JPG
    We had a walk to see floweres blooming there.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 077.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 131.JPG
    Uwamizu-zakura was also blooming in the bush.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 062.JPG
    Then we saw some Takane-zakuras were blooming there.
    There weren’t so many Takane-zakura as I saw on Hinode-daira in Nasu. #141
    But we enjoyed cherries in June there.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 100.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 068.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 104.JPG
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 115.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 161.JPG
    Then we went back to Murodo and had a walk to Mikuriga-ike pond.
    There were still a lot of snow. We could’t see Raicho or rock ptarmigan there.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 165.JPG
    But we had a wonderful time on Mt.Tateyama.

Acerholic likes this.
  9. Acerholic

What a wonderful and happy posting Mariko. Cherries, snow, views and a very interested group of people. Great photos of what looks like a fantastic and informative day out. Thankyou for sharing. Where are you in the group photo btw ?

10. eteinindia

Thank you, Acerholic. I was in the center of the picture. I'm the sixth person from the right in the front line.
    I'm posting pictures I couldn't post last posting.
    2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 039.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 071.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 072.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 073.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 079.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 087.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 182.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 183.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 046.JPG 2015-06-22 Tateyama,Murodo,Kurobe-daira_Izaki 177.JPG

Acerholic likes this.
  11. Acerholic

Good afternoon Mariko, what a lovely happy smile you have. Nice to put a face to a name !!
    My wife and I have marveled at your dramatic and pretty photos. What amazing scenery also.
    Enjoyed them very much.