cedar growth containers

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by sammy65, Jun 15, 2007.

1. sammy65

sammy65 Member

Hello everyone,

I need help on finding a proper name for articles I have inherited. I have no use for them but would like to sell them. These are containers that were used in the past to grow cedars from seedlings. These containers are black and have 45 holes of approximately 1 inch in diameter each. The entire container is no more than 12 by 18 inches. There are water evacuation holes at the bottom of each cell. If anyone thinks they could use or know someone who could use these please let me know. Also if you have the proper name for these so I may post them on e-bay. It would be a shame to send these to garbage and landfill as they are plastic and take forever to disintegrate. I have about a hundred of these containers.

2. growest

growest Active Member 10 Years

Sammy--I would call it a 45 cell plug tray, and probably also mention it is for plant propagation. That should cover it, for those that would need them, they'd know what it was.

Also could give the diameter and depth of an individual cell, helpful to know if it's for e.g. 1in x 3in width x depth or whatever the case.