Boswellia Tree (Frankincense)

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Terry Phillips, Sep 13, 2015.

1. T311

T311 Member

Looking very nice, I thought they would grow a lot slower.
    Still using the same soil?

2. Terry Phillips

Terry Phillips Active Member

Yes & gave them a good fertilizing too these Elongata kind of gave me a big surprise they were very stringy coming out of winter I transplanted them in bigger pots fertilized put them in the greenhouse got a little burnt in the beginning then shot right up got thick & bushy I can't believe how fast they are growing and are growing many times faster than the Sacra . a much rarer Boswellia also what ever I did they like it

3. Lisa Chen

Lisa Chen New Member

I also used a regular potting soil + manure and then i mixed sand in, then during the summer time I transferred it into my greenhouse outside but i brought it inside during the winter with grow lights & heat mats, I have 13 growing now but i also grow other resin tree's like the red sandlewood.

4. Terry Phillips

Terry Phillips Active Member

Yes I had Red Sandlewood did really well first year second year died on me might try again , I also have Dracaena Draco (Dragons Blood ) have about 40 of those growing and doing really well

5. TpaTodd1

TpaTodd1 New Member

Hi, I'm Todd,
    I've been growing boswellia for nearly four years now and have amassed eight species that I cultivate. My Elongata is huge over a meter tall and I have a good size neglecta also.
    Other species include sacra/carteri, ameero, dioscoridis, socotrana, nana. I love these trees and found I grow them very well. Here is a pic of my neglecta just after repotting...yes it is way bigger now.

Attached Files:

6. TwoWiseKings

TwoWiseKings New Member

Hi
    I'm going to try and grow some boswellia neglecta in the uk
    Can I ask what advise you can give me to help through the germinating stage please